What personal information do we collect about you?
When you access and move around PhotoCiancio, register an account with PhotoCiancio or purchase a product from Ciancio 1913 Co. Ltd, we may collect some or all of the following personal data about you:
- A username and password;
- Name, date of birth, age and sex;
- Billing and delivery addresses, email address and phone number(s);
- Payment Method (typically credit card or debit card) details;
- Your Images (including photographic images received from you and/or uploaded to our website by you, and any images captured as a result of our use of CCTV) and other User Content;
- Correspondence with and from Ciancio 1913 Co. Ltd;
- Your preferences about receiving communications from Ciancio 1913 Co. Ltd;
- Information about your use of PhotoCiancio, and your browsing and online purchasing activities; and details we may ask you to submit to verify your identity.
We may also collect some of this personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us. We would also like to inform you that we do not collect any special categories of personal data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and generic biometric data). Neither do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you. In such cases we will have to cancel a product or service you have with us.
We may additionally request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
It is important that the personal data you provide is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data change during your relationship with us.
How we use your personal data
We generally do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. We therefore only use your data when the law allows to, that is:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests (example: to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services to develop and grow our business)
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Within the spirit of transparency, we wish to clarify that your personal data will be collected, processed, stored and used by us, and passed to and processed by other technical data processors acting under contract with us. When you sign up to PhotoCiancio and agree to our terms and conditions, we need to process certain data that allows PhotoCiancio:
- To provide the PhotoCiancio service to you in accordance with our agreement;
- To associate your account, and your product purchases, with you, and to verify your identity;
- To process payments you make for products;
- To provide customer support and improve your customer experience;
- To create personalised products selected by you;
- If you elect to store an encrypted payment method with us, to associate that payment method with you when you place an order;
- To pass your product order for delivery by third party deliverers engaged by us;
- To contact you by email and mobile communication in relation to the products or services you have purchased.
For legitimate business reasons we will also process your data for customer satisfaction and customer experience improvement purposes, such as by analyzing data we hold about you, and combining it with data held by third parties, in order to discern your interests, demography and other factors, and in consequence to offer goods and services that are likely to have the greatest value to you. We would also use this data in connection with the prevention and detection of fraud and other crime.
We would also like to inform you that when you are asked to provide delivery details for a product you are ordering, this data will be provided to the deliverer inclusive of contact details. Such information will also appear on your order’s packaging in order to facilitate the delivery process.
In order to take advantage of some of our services, you may need to supply us with the personal details of a third party (for example, their name and address if you wish to send a product to them as a gift). We will not use this information for anything other than providing the services for which the information was supplied. It is also your responsibility to assure that you have all the legal rights, and hold all personal responsibility, in passing on this information to us.
Disclosing your personal data
We will not disclose any of your personal data, other than to subsidiary and/or affiliated companies, data processors (including deliverers and payment service providers) under contract with us. To enable us to provide our service, we share data with the following categories of organisations:
- Information technology (hardware and software) companies;
- Payment processing companies;
- Delivery and courier services;
- Fraud prevention companies;
- Other companies in the Ciancio Group (CD Power Solutions Co. Ltd and Ciancio Tech Co. Ltd);
- Manufacturers and or wholesalers within the photographic & framing industry;
- Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based in the EU who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes.
We will not share your data with any other categories of organization without your permission unless:
- We are legally entitled to do so (for example, pursuant to a court order or for the purposes of prevention or detection of crime or fraud);
- We are in negotiations with a third party for the sale or purchase of any of Ciancio 1913 Co. Ltd business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- Ciancio 1913Co. Ltd, or substantially all of its assets, is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Ciancio 1913 Co. Ltd about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
Email and Text preferences
If you’ve provided your consent, we will send you information about other products and services by email and mobile communications. These emails and mobile communications provide you with information about offers; new products and other things that we think may interest you or Ciancio 1913 Co Ltd’s customers generally. You can change your preferences on the “My Account” section of the website.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
- Completed customer orders are retained for a period of 3 months when sent via our website. After personal data will be anonymised.
- Inactive accounts will be automatically deleted after 12 Months
- Pending unpaid orders will be retained for 14 days
- Cancelled Orders are instantly deleted
- Uncollected orders will be disposed of after a period of 12 months.
- Information Captured by our CCTV cameras is held for no more than 90days.
We retain other minimal data for tax, anti-fraud and other purposes in accordance with our data retention policy. In certain circumstances we may also anonymise personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) you have a number of rights you can exercise over your data. Your rights are:
- The right to receive a copy of your data;
- The right to receive certain data in an electronic format that can be given to another provider;
- The right to have data corrected if it is inaccurate;
- The right to ask us to stop processing or object to processing under certain circumstances;
- The right to ask us to erase data in certain circumstances;
- The right to withdraw consent at any time when that is the legal basis for our processing.
You will not be charged a fee in order to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may refuse to comply with your request if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive.
We employ technical and organisational measures to guard against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data. We believe the measures implemented by us reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
We have security measures in place to protect our database of users and access to this database is restricted internally. However, there are things one can do to help stay safe and secure online:
- Ensure no-one else uses PhotoCiancio through your Account;
- Log off or exit from your PhotoCiancio Account when not using it;
- Keep your password or other access information secret;
- Use different passwords for different services you use online;
- Ensure you’re using the most up-to-date versions of your software.
Links to third party sites
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those websites or their policies.
We will never ask you to confirm the details of your Account or Payment Method by email or mobile communication. If you receive such contact, please do not respond to it.
Updates to this notice
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 3rd October 2018. Please check back regularly to keep informed of changes to this notice.
Or personally contact management at:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Site according to your individual interests
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognize you when you return to our Site.